there are 3 types of ppl at debate tournaments:
- the normal “judge ready?” type
- the endlessly cool “i will silently communicate with you to determine when you are ready” type
- and the fucking “judge ready? audience ready? timekeeper ready? opponents ready? partner ready? spectators ready? flow-ers ready? coach ready? laptop ready? pen ready? am i ready? judges are you sure you’re ready” type
speech and debate
- freshman year: wow this is gonna be so much fun i'm going to win everything
- sophomore year: ha this isn't as fun as it used to be but there's still hope that i can go to nationals
- junior year: why the fuck am i still on the team i hate this and i hate losing my saturdays and the same kids keep going to nationals over and over again and it's not worth it and it's my own fault i don't do as well as i hope but I DON'T CARE ANYMORE but at least POWERPUFF
- senior year: why did i keep doing this i hate this and even though i've won in high school none of this is worth it at all
- last tournament: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO MISS THIS SO MUCH IT WAS SO GREAT AND I'M SO SAD TO BE LEAAAAAAAVING
- five year old: You really have awards for arguing?
- me: Yep.
- five year old: But I argue all the time, how come I don't have awards?
- me: You haven't established solvency.
Attractive pictures of me at debate
"Let’s meet in the parking lot at 6 o’clock Saturday morning"